Legal and Privacy
Last updated: December 16, 2022
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications or other Services, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect Geolocation Information (defined below). If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an Oobit account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information - text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information - Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include your name, email addresses, postal addresses, ZIP code, profile image, geolocation information upon user login, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, ID number, user name and password, console/hardware information, social media account information, and other information either desirable or necessary to provide quality services to our customers and visitors. We may also collect information about you such as your use of the Site and communication preferences. Personally Identifiable Information may be collected to determine if users meet legal qualifications necessary to use the services of both the mobile application and website.
- Geolocation Information - information that identifies with reasonable specificity your location by using, for instance, longitude and latitude coordinates obtained through GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell site triangulation. We will collect this data for fraud and risk purposes. In addition, some of our Services may ask you for permission to share your current location within your device settings to enhance our Services. If you do not agree to our collection of Geolocation Information, our Services may not function properly when you try to use them. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of Geolocation Information to enhance our Services, please refer to the settings available in your device.
- To send funds - In order to allow you to send funds to your friends, Oobit will request access to your contact list of friends to provide the service.
How We Collect and Use Information
We collect two types of information: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you ("Personally Identifiable Information"). We also may collect information that by it typically cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (e.g. age, profession or gender), IP addresses, browser types, contact list, image, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information").
Personally Identifiable Information we collect may include your name, email addresses, postal addresses, ZIP code, geolocation information upon user login, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, ID number, user name and password, console/hardware information, social media account information, and other information either desirable or necessary to provide quality services to our customers and visitors. We may also collect information about you such as your use of the Site and communication preferences. Personally Identifiable Information may be collected to determine if users meet legal qualifications necessary to use the services of the Site.
To the extent we are able to do so; we may link your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with your Personally Identifiable Information. We may also link information collected online with information we collect offline or that is collected online by third parties.
Oobit may use the information collected from you to provide services which you have requested from us. We may also use your personal information to send you targeted messages, publications, news, and information about events, special offers, promotions and benefits. Oobit may use third-party service providers to send and distribute e-mail and to perform other marketing and support functions. We may use information we collect from you to improve the content of this Site, to enhance users' experiences when visiting this Site, and to customize the content and layout of this Site for each individual user.
Sharing of Personal Information
Oobit may use third-party social media platforms, including third-party social media websites, to communicate with you. You may view our current social channels at https://linktr.ee/Oobit.com.
We also may share with third parties aggregated demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable.
Oobit also may disclose an individual's personal information:
- - to a person who in the reasonable judgement of Oobit is seeking the information as an agent of the individual;
- - in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you products or services you desire;
- - to a third party or parties, where disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- - to any other entity that acquires all or a portion of our organization by merger, reorganisation, operation of law, or a sale of some or all of Oobit's assets.
- - Oobit may be required to use or disclose your information in connection with a legal action or other proceeding, including without limitation, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to law enforcement or regulatory agency's request.
Through the Site, Oobit may make available areas that allow for user interaction, including blogs, forums, bulletin board services, chat areas, or other message and communications features (collectively, "Interactive Areas"). Some of these forums may require registration. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in the Interactive Areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information or disseminate any other user-generated content.
The Site may feature social media interfaces allowing Users to connect social media accounts and Oobit User accounts, in which case user-generated content or other Non-Personally Identifiable Information may become public information. Oobit cannot control the privacy policies or practices of social media providers who operate outside of Oobit's control. Users should always check the privacy policies of the social media providers to evaluate Users' own privacy settings with those social media providers.
How We Store Your Information
Oobit is committed to protecting the security of any personal information you provide to us. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of personal information that you provide to us. After you have submitted your information online to Oobit, we recommend that you end your browser session before leaving your computer. In spite of these protections, Oobit cannot guarantee the security of any data submitted over the Internet. After your information reaches Oobit, however, it is stored on servers (or in the case of information received from you in person, in writing or over the phone, in physical storage areas) protected by procedures and technology designed to block reasonably foreseeable intrusions by unauthorised third parties.
Opt-Out From Mailings
From time to time, you may receive periodic mailings, SMS or emails from Oobit with news, transactions alerts, product promotions or other information on behalf of Oobit. Oobit may also push notifications through Oobit's mobile apps If at any time you wish to stop receiving emails or mailings from Oobit please send us an email to email@example.com with the phrase "Privacy Opt-out: Oobit's Mailings" in the subject line and we will remove you from Oobit's mailing list. Alternatively, for e-mail communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions set forth at the bottom of most promotional e-mail messages from Oobit.
Display of Advertising and Opt-Out
Oobit may use a third-party service provider, to serve advertisements on Oobit's behalf across the Internet and/or sometimes on the website and mobile application. Should a service provider display online advertisements to you, they may place one or more "cookies," pixel tags and/or other similar mechanisms on your computer in order to recognize your computer each time it displays an ad to you. Because Oobit's service provider serves ads on many different websites, it is able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements it displays. Oobit's service provider may share that information with Oobit. Oobit's service provider and/or Oobit may use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that our service provider believes may be of interest to you. Oobit's service provider may also associate this information with your subsequent visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertisers' website in order to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
While a service provider may use some of the information it collects in order to personalise the ads it shows you, its system(s) are typically designed to select ads only on data that does not personally and directly identify you. Oobit's service provider may also use non-personally identifiable information collected from you in its "data cooperative" to run targeted advertising campaigns.
You also have a right to opt-out of personalised targeted ads. Please note that when you opt-out using this method the Network Advertising Initiative will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. If you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Once you have opted out, our service providers will no longer use information it has collected to help deliver targeted advertisements.